1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is dedicated to ChrisseyO who sent me a bag of totally awesom, addictive "Wildbite" Ginger-Pistachio Biscotti I have now made this recipe 3 times and it gets better each time, This time I substituted roasted pumkin seeds for the pistachios - excellent result and what a cost saving plus not having to crack all those pistachios. The pumkin seeds made the recipe a bit drier.but still great texture & flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350F, butter and flour a cookie sheet.
- 2Mix flour, Baking Powder and salt, stir well, set aside.
- 3Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy, add one egg at a time and beat after each addition Stir in the orange zest, pistachios and ginger.
- 4Stir in the flour a bit at a time, make sure it is evenly mixed in.
- 5Your dough should easily hang together but be pliable.
- 6Divide the dough in half and shape each piece into a log approx 1/2" high 2" across and about 14" long (Do not have the log too thick or too wide or the biscotti will not dry enough) Bake for 25-30 minutes- They will be almost golden on top and cooked through Turn oven down to 300F.
- 7Cool logs for apprx 12 minutes.
- 8Cut them across into 1/2" slices, place them on the cookie sheet with a bit of space between slices Return to oven for a further 15 minutes, turn off oven and let the biscotti sit in the cooling oven.
- 9The biscotti should be dry in the center of the slice Cool completely and place in an air tight container- They keep well in the tin but you may freeze them if you wish.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Pistachio Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (824 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1093.6
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 292.8 mg
- Sodium 680.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 39.1 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: