Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Another cool drink from the May 2007 Smoothies & Summer Drinks! A variation of this drink allows for substituting cranberry juice cocktail for the pineapple juice. Preparation & cooking time does not include the 8 or more hours needed to chill the juice in the refrigerator.
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 cup club soda or 1 cup sparkling water
- ice cubes or crushed ice
- In a small saucepan combine pineapple juice & ginger.
- Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Pour into small glass bowl, then cover & refrigerate overnight, or at least 8 hours.
- Strain juice mixture & discard ginger.
- Gently stir club soda into juice mixture, then serve in glasses over ice.
This is a very refreshing beverage. Love the combination of candied ginger and pineapple juice. I let the juice refrigerate for 18 hours and the result was a very delicate ginger flavor. This didn't last long...we got 2 large servings. Will definitely double or triple next time. Made for Zaar Stars
I have tried a number of ginger drink compilations lately, and I must say this is one of the best! It has also proven to be one of the best uses for crystallized ginger I have stumbled across. Thank you for posting such a wonderful drink recipe!
Wow. My stomach was bothering me so I wanted to make a ginger drink to help. I found your recipe and made it without even putting it in the fridge and it was great. Settle my stomach immediately. Oh, I made it with fresh ginger too. Thanks for the recipe.