Recipe by Kate S.
Peppernuts are a Christmas tradition in my family, but this variety, found online, is a different style than what I grew up with--something new to try this Christmas.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 354.88 ml flour (less at high altitude)
- 4.92 ml ground ginger or 14.79 ml minced candied ginger
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 0.59 ml salt
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar (for dusting)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in saucepan to melt.
- Sift together flour, ginger, soda, and salt. Stir into butter mixture.
- Pat dough into square or rectangle shape on cookie sheet. Cut like you would a cake or bars into bite-size pieces. Do not separate. Bake 20 minutes.
- After removing from oven, re-cut peppernuts along the same lines. Cool, then toss in powdered sugar to coat.