Recipe by jccooks92
A fresh tasting summer alternative to plain old tuna salad. Quick to make and delicious. The taste and aroma of fresh Ginger, garlic, and green onions is a classic Asian combination that has a cooling and refreshing effect when eaten raw. Great in a wrap with fresh raw spinach!
- 1 (5 ounce) can chunk light tuna, strained
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (a slice about 1/2 cm wide off the root)
- 1 garlic clove, grated (use a zester)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (use one of the real fermented varieties)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- black pepper, generously
Directions See How It's Made
- grate ginger and garlic into medium sized bowl.
- add sliced green onions.
- add lime juice, soy sauce, and pepper.
- stir to distribute spices evenly in mixture.
- add mayonnaise.
- add strained tuna and mix well until you have a homogenous mix.
- salt to taste and serve however you like!