Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Healthy muffin recipe containing quinoa. From Health magazine (June 2005).
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Spray muffin cups with cooking spray, or use paper liners.
- Rinse quinoa.
- Combine quinoa with 1 cup water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork; set aside.
- While quinoa cooks, combine Bisquick, pecans, sugar, ginger, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine milk, molasses, and egg in a separate bowl; mix well.
- Add milk mixture, quinoa, and apricots to dry mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Divide batter among 20 muffins cups, filling each 1/2 full.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove immediately from pans and cool on wire racks.