Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
(OPTIONAL: Add a dash (JUST a dash) of dark brown sugar if you like sweet veggies.)
- 4 small carrots, cut into thin slices (or use a little bag of baby carrots)
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock or 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1 cup peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot (remember to peel it!)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or use it out of a jar)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In a medium sized pan, sauté the carrots in the stock for 5 minutes. Add the peas, ginger, garlic and water.
- Partially cover the pan and when the water boils, turn down the heat and steam for
- 5-7 minutes or until the carrots are tender.