Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve this delicious cake with whipped cream. 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger can be substituted for the dry ginger.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup full-fat milk (do not use low-fat)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup light molasses
- 3 large pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (firm but ripe)
- Set oven to 350 degree.
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with non-stick spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a bowl sift together flour, 1 tablepoon plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon and the next 7 ingredients.
- In a bowl small cup or bowl combine milk and vanilla.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in egg and beat until well combined.
- Add in molasses and beat well.
- Mix in the dry ingredients alternately with the milk/vanilla mixture.
- Arrange the pears the pears in the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the batter on top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the cake test done.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Using a small knife, cut around edges of the pan to loosen cake.
- Turn cake onto a rack and cool slightly, then peel off parchment paper.