Serve this delicious cake with whipped cream. 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger can be substituted for the dry ginger.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup full-fat milk (do not use low-fat)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 3 large pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (firm but ripe)
- 1Set oven to 350 degree.
- 2Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with non-stick spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- 3In a bowl sift together flour, 1 tablepoon plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon and the next 7 ingredients.
- 4In a bowl small cup or bowl combine milk and vanilla.
- 5In a large bowl beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
- 6Add in egg and beat until well combined.
- 7Add in molasses and beat well.
- 8Mix in the dry ingredients alternately with the milk/vanilla mixture.
- 9Arrange the pears the pears in the bottom of the pan.
- 10Pour the batter on top.
- 11Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the cake test done.
- 12Cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- 13Using a small knife, cut around edges of the pan to loosen cake.
- 14Turn cake onto a rack and cool slightly, then peel off parchment paper.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Pear Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.4
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.4 mg
- Sodium 355.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g