Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found in a free insert from Whole Foods. Insert said, "These sweet and spicy muffins are an excellent source of iron, calcium, protein, and fiber."
- 1⁄3 cup teff flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 medium ripe pear, (such as anjou or bartlett), peeled and roughly chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 -4 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly coat muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Sift together first six ingredients (flour through salt) in a large mixing bowl. Stir in brown sugar and oats.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, yogurt, vanilla extract, and gingerroot. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Do not over-mix. (Mixture will look dry.) Fold in pear and crystallized ginger.
- Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full. Bake 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.
nice muffins, not too sweet which is nice. much healthier that most and the spiciness was tasty.