Recipe by DrGaellon
Inspired by a recipe on this site. Serve as a palate cleanser between courses of a formal meal, or with small glasses of Sauternes as a dessert. (6 hour preparation time includes ripening of the puree, and hardening of the finished sorbet.)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 ounces crystallized ginger (by weight)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ripe pears, peeled and cored
- 1⁄2 cup Sauternes wine or 1⁄2 cup white dessert wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water, Splenda, lemon juice and honey to a simmer. Reserve one or two large pieces of crystallized ginger, dice the rest and add it to the pan. Roughly chop the pears and add them to pan as well. Simmer until tender 10-30 minutes (depending on variety and ripeness).
- Dice the remaining ginger and place in blender. Add the pears and liquid. Process until very smooth. Transfer to a container with a tight lid, and ripen in refrigerator 4 to 24 hours.
- Stir Sauternes into cold puree. Prepare sorbet in ice cream machine according to manufacturer's instructions. When done, transfer to a freezer container and harden in freezer 2-4 hours. Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving.