Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have no idea where I found this recipe, but pears and ginger make a good marriage and this is no exception. A pleasant change from the usual lemon sauce or applesauce for topping gingerbread. Enjoy.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 strip lemon peel (3 inch piece)
- 4 ripe pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons slivered crystallized ginger
- Combine sugar, water and lemon peel.
- Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Stir in pears.
- Cover and simmer until very tender (about 20 minutes).
- Remove lemon peel and puree this mixture.
- Stir in ginger.