Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yahoo Group Files
- 6 cups cubed pears (about 1 3/4 lb)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped seeded lemon (1 large)
- 1⁄4 cup pear flavored liqueur
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large saucepan. Stir in sugar and
- water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand 12 hours (do not refrigerate).
- Bring to a boil, uncovered, over high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour and 15 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- ladle into prepared jars leaving a 1/4" headspace. Process jars in a
- boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Adjust time according to your altitude.