Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
Texas pear preserves, adapted from a similar recipe on Food Network
- 8 cups sliced fresh pears, peeled, cored
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup pear liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped candied ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 fluid ounces liquid fruit pectin
- Mix pears and sugar; cover and let sit overnight unrefrigerated.
- Add remaining ingredients (except pectin).
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until mixture has reduced to almost half.
- Mash pears with a potato masher until desired consistency is reached (as chunky or as smooth as you like).
- Bring mixture back to a boil and add pectin. Boil one minute.
- Pack mixture into sterilized jars and process in a water bath for 10 minutes.
- Makes about 12 - 4 oz. jars.