Texas pear preserves, adapted from a similar recipe on Food Network
My Private Note
4 oz. j ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix pears and sugar; cover and let sit overnight unrefrigerated.
- 2Add remaining ingredients (except pectin).
- 3Bring to a boil and then simmer until mixture has reduced to almost half.
- 4Mash pears with a potato masher until desired consistency is reached (as chunky or as smooth as you like).
- 5Bring mixture back to a boil and add pectin. Boil one minute.
- 6Pack mixture into sterilized jars and process in a water bath for 10 minutes.
- 7Makes about 12 - 4 oz. jars.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Pear Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
liquid fruit pectin