Recipe by chia
quick and easy, from a taste of home
Top Review by ellie_
Scumptious and so easy! I did use Pillsbury crust for the pie shell but besides that followed the directions with no problems. Delicious even minus the pecans, which I left out. This is the first time we have ever had a pear pie and can't wait to make it again! Thanks for sharing!
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch of grated lemon, zest of
- 4 large pears, peeled,cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 425.
- combine first 6 ingredients in a saucepan stir in pear slices.
- bring to a boil on medium heat and boil for 1 minute.
- add butter and pour into pie shell.
- for topping combine flour, brown sugar, and ginger in a bowl.
- cut in butter until mixture becomes crumbly.
- stir in pecans and sprinkle over pears.
- bake for 20-25 minutes until topping is golden brown.