1 hr 10 mins
From my food preservation group files.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate pears coarsely. Combine grated pears with sugar, lemon juice, and ginger in large SS pot.
- 2Bring pear mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 30-45 minutes, or until thickened.
- 3Stir pectin into 3/4 cup of jam liquid, if desired, and add to jam.
- 4Cook 3 minutes more.
- 5Meanwhile prepare jars, lids, canner.
- 6Fill jars to 1/4-inch headspace, cap, and process 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Pear Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2693 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 0.1 g