Recipe by Rita~
I found this at Diabetic living. Had to post having ingredients I enjoy like pears, ginger and cranberries how can you go wrong.
Top Review by Outta Here
Every once in awhile, I make someone's recipe that really deserves more than 5 stars, and this is one of those! What a treat! I made one change (because I forgot to check my pantry first). What I thought was a bag of dried cranberries was actually dried tart cherries, so I used them instead and it worked great. This will become a regular fall menu item around here! Thanks, Rita, for posting a dessert that I can eat without guilt!
- 2 small pears, peeled, cored, and sliced (12 ounces)
- 9.85 ml dried cranberries, chopped
- 14.79 ml orange juice or 14.79 ml water
- 9.85 ml crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml rolled oats
- 14.79 ml brown sugar, packed
- 9.85 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml butter, melted
- 14.79 ml sliced almonds
- low-fat vanilla yogurt (optional)
- crystallized ginger, Coarsely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine pears, cranberries, orange juice or water, the 2 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger, the cinnamon, and vanilla. Divide mixture between two 8- to 10-ounce individual baking dishes.
- In another small bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar, and flour. Stir in melted butter. Sprinkle oat mixture and almonds over pear mixture in baking dishes.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pears are tender and almonds are golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, top with yogurt and additional crystallized ginger.