1/2 Photos of Ginger Pear Cake
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
I don't usually like cakes that start with a cake mix, but this one is wonderfully tasty and moist! I use light sour cream and have also substituted non-fat vanilla yogurt for the sour cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice, reserve juice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) French vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup reserved pear juice
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped candied ginger
- 1Heat oven to 325°F Grease and sugar a 10 cup bundt pan.
- 2Cut pear halves in half. Decoratively place each pear piece, rounded side down, in pan flutes.
- 3In small bowl, stir together the brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of softened butter until crumbly. Sprinkle brown sugar and butter mixture over the pears.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, combine all cake ingredients; mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 5Spoon cake mixture into prepared pan until 3/4 full.
- 6Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 7Cool for 10 minutes exactly, then remove from pan and cool completely on a rack.
- 8While the cake is cooling mix the glaze.
- 9Once the cake is completely cool move it to a platter and add the glaze.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Pear Cake
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 273.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: