Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
The perfect fall topping for your toast, biscuit, bagel, or English muffin.
Top Review by pedspeech
Tasted very good, but as other reviewers stated, it was more like a sauce than a butter. I only used about a third of a cup of water but it is still looser than I thought. My yield was about 4 cups (and I probably used a little more than 3 lbs of pears). That being said, it is quite tasty!
- 3 lbs ripe pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the first 4 ingredients to the slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove the lid and stir in the fresh and ground ginger.
- Increase temperature setting to HIGH; cook, uncovered, 1-2 hours, to thicken and blend, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool completely, then transfer to glass jars or other containers with tight fitting lids; store in the refrigerator where they will keep for several weeks.