Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this recipe in one of church cookbooks.
Make and share this Ginger-Peanut Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce or 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 8 ounces corkscrew macaroni
- 20 fresh pea pods, trimmed
- 1 small cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into long strips
- 1 medium yellow peppers or 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 3⁄4 cup thin sliced radish
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup chopped peanuts
- Mix all ingredients in jar and shake to combine. if desired, chill up to 3 days. Salad:.
- cook macaromi according to package. During last 30 seconds of cooking add pea pods. Rinse with cold water and drain well. Combine macaroni & peas with all other ingredients, except peanuts in large bowl. Add ginger dressing, toss lightly. Cover and chill 2-8 hours Toss and serve. Sprinkle peanuts on top.
- This will serve 6, or 12 side dish servings.
I wanted this to be the salad a friend brought to a picnic last year and it wasn't quite right. Good but probably won't make again. Thanks for posting!
I've been making this salad for years tho with a few changes. I add lots more ginger to the dressing and replace some of the oil with sesame oil; also use cilantro instead of parsley. Very quick and easy to make and can easily be doubled, tripled, etc. I've taken this to numerous potlucks and am always asked for the recipe.