Recipe by Hungry Chefs
Fresh and light, the flavors in this creamy pasta dish are so amazing you'll want to lick the plate!
Top Review by Rachel Savage
I have made this twice now and been very impressed with the mix of flavours. The second time I substitued coconut milk for the milk to see if I could make a kosher version. This worked amazingly well and I would highly recommend it. You might even be able to reduce the amount of cornstarch because coconut milk is naturally thicker than low fat milk. Both times I left off the cilantro and used about 2 t of chili pepper flakes, which was plenty of heat -- and we like spicy foods. It's also very quick. The second time I made it I used Japanese soba noodles rather than Italian pasta. This worked very well too. This looks set to become part of my regular rotation of quick weekday dinner recipes. Update: I have now made this often and generally use the following tweaks: maple syrup rather than honey (easier to measure and clean up), coconut milk rather than milk and cornstarch, no cilantro (I am in the cilantro tastes like soap camp), Asian noodles (rice, soba, udon etc.) rather than Italian pasta, additions of fruit and/or vegetables like spring/green onions, frozen corn and/or tinned pineapple to add some vegetable content. This is a firm favourite in our house.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (skinned and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken in skillet, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Take chicken out of skillet and set aside.
- In small bowl, dissolve corn starch in 2 T. milk.
- Stir in remaining milk and add to skillet.
- Cook for 1 minute, or until thick and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low.
- In another small bowl, mix peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and red pepper.
- Stir into milk mixture until smooth.
- Add chicken, chives, and cilantro.
- Toss with pasta and enjoy!