Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Being from Texas, I love spare ribs! The fact that they're cooked at a lower temperature for a long time, makes them really tender. The ginger peachy sauce makes them yummy!
- 8 lbs pork spareribs, cut into 1 pound pieces
- 1⁄4 cup seasoning salt
- 1 cup honey
GINGER PEACHY SAUCE
- 2 cups drained thawed frozen peaches or 2 cups fresh peaches, if in season
- 2⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3⁄4-1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 250°F.
- Make sure that you remove all excess fat from the ribs.
- Lay the ribs in a single layer in a baking pan and sprinkle with the seasoned salt.
- Bake for 2 hours or until ribs are well cooked and the meat is tender.
- Brush the honey over all the ribs and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes until the surface looks smooth and slightly glazed.
- GINGER PEACHY SAUCE:.
- Put peaches in a medium to large saucepan.
- Beat the peaches for 5 minutes at high speed with a hand held electric mixer.
- The peaches should be fairly smooth.
- Put ginger in a small bowl.
- Add vinegar a couple of teaspoons at a time, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth.
- Add ginger mixture to peaches.
- Stir in brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic powder and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, just until the mixture simmers.
- Stir mixture occasionally.
- Remove from heat and pour into a sauce or gravy boat and serve with ribs.
These were delicious!!!!! I had to use apricots instead of peaches, and it was still amazing! My 2 sons ate em up, and it was super easy and not intense in the labor field. Thanks for a great recipe.