Another fantastic recipe from my upstairs neighbor, who likes to raid my fruit trees, and always gives me the wonderful things she makes with that fruit. I love to use this jam poured over chicken pieces in a crock pot, or covered in the oven.
- Place the peaches in boiling water for 1 minute, or until the skins loosen.
- Then plunge them in ice water.
- Slip off the skins, halve the fruit and remove the pits.
- Cut the peaches into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large, non-reactive pot, mix the peaches, sugar, ginger, lemon juice and allspice.
- Simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes, or until the mixture thickens and mounds on the spoon.
- Ladle into jars and store in the fridge for up to 2 months.