Recipe by Sharon123
A spicy-sweet topping of crumble gingersnaps turns peaches into a warm, homey dessert!
Top Review by dicentra
This is great!! So easy! I used a bag of frozen peaches. Just dumped them in the pan and added the topping and put the whole thing in the oven for about 25 minutes... YUM! I think it would be better if I had cut up the peaches and served it over ice cream or with some whipped cream. Very good just the way it is though. Thanks for sharing. :)
- 1 lb frozen unsweetened sliced peaches or 3 cups peeled fresh peach slices
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gingersnaps (about 8 gingersnaps)
- frozen yogurt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425*.
- Evenly distribute the peach slices in the bottom of an unoiled nonreactive 9-inch pie pan or 8-inch square baking dish.
- Sprinkle the peaches with the brown sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Top with the crumbled gingersnaps.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the peaches are bubbling and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, plain or with frozen yogurt.