Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Haven't tried this yet but plan to when it is time to grill. From Taste of Home.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 1⁄2 lbs bone-in chicken parts
- Mix cornstarch, broth, preserves, sherry, soy and ginger in a 2-quart saucepan until smooth.
- Cook over high heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Place chicken on lightly oiled grill rack over medium-hot heat.
- Grill, uncovered, 20 minutes, turning often.
- Brush with 1 cup broth mixture and grill 20 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally and basting frequently.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
This sauce was very tasty with chicken; I used boneless skinless chicken breasts. The only problem we had was that it left a lot of "gunk" on the grill when finished cooking; I guess that was the peach preserves.