6 hrs 25 mins
6 hrs 5 mins
Rich and exotic. Panna cotta is a delicate Italian custard made with gelatin instead of eggs. This one has a silky texture reminiscent of Chinese egg custard tarts. It's flavored with ginger and topped with mango. A perfect Chinese-Italian fusion dessert. Other fruits like apricots, oranges, or berries also work well in place of the mango.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a paper towel with a little cooking spray and use it to grease 8 (1-cup) custard cups or one 8-cup serving bowl; set aside.
- 2In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water and let sit for 2-3 minutes, without stirring, to soften.
- 3Stir until gelatin dissolves.
- 4Add sugar, milk, evaporated milk, cream, vanilla, and ginger; bring to a simmer over medium, stirring constantly (3-5 minutes).
- 5Remove from heat, then allow to rest for 2 minutes so flavors can blend.
- 6Strain mixture into custard cups.
- 7When cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set (6 hours or overnight).
- 8Unmold, if desired; top each portion with a generous helping of fruit before serving.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Panna Cotta With Mango
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.3
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.2 mg
- Sodium 109.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g