Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you want an extra fluffy pancake use club soda in place of water or use 1/2 cup each. This makes a lot of pancakes, good thing though these are so good!... this batter will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- 3 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 cup water (or club soda)
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the syrup, mix all ingredients in a saucepan; heat to boiling.
- Keep warm over low heat.
- For the pancakes; mix the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mix the eggs, water, buttermilk, melted butter and brown sugar; add to the dry ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Grease a griddle with butter.
- Drop about 1/3 cup pancake batter onto the griddle; cook the pancakes turing once until done.
- Serve with warm syrup.
You did it again Kit; great recipe - made this for visiting family and they really thought I'd done something special. Love the blend of flavors - I also added some bits of fresh ginger and followed your recommendation and used a whole cup of club soda, couldn't ask for a better pancake - soft, fluffy and perfect. Thanks for posting.
Wow excellant pancakes Kit. They are big, thick, light, tender, fluffy and of so flavorful. These spicy little cakes are awesome. The syrup was delicious, the cinnamon and pecans really made it sparkle. Thanks for sharing another wonderful recipe with all of us.