Recipe by Ppaperdoll
From a Pillsbury Brunch cookbook. Sooo yummy! The cream cheese in the topping can be low fat or fat free.
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a lovely pancake recipe. I absolutely love the cream cheese topping. It really adds to the overall flavor of the dish. I had a difficult time flipping the pancakes and added more flour. Thank you for sharing your recipes. Made for Summer Comfort Cafe 09.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- For the lemon cream cheese topping, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon peel, and lemon juice in small bowl on medium speed until well combined and fluffy.
- For pancakes, heat griddle or skillet to medium high heat, and grease with cooking spray, veg oil, or shortening.
- Beat egg with whisk in medium bowl until fluffy. Beat remaining ingredients until just smooth.
- Pour batter by scant 1/4 cup-fulls onto heated skillet or griddle. Cook about 1 1/2 minutes until bubbles form. Turn and cook other side until golden brown.
- Serve with topping.