1/1 Photo of Ginger Pancakes
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this in the Baker's Catalog and it sounds great though I haven't tried it yet. Described as tender, moist, gingery pancakes. Sounds a little complicated to me but great for that special breakfast or just as something a little different. (Directions say you may substitute 2 cups liquid buttermilk for the buttermilk powder and liquid milk if desired) a variation listed for Ginger-Pumpkin Pancakes - add 1 cup pumpkin puree and reduce the amount of milk to 1 1/4 cups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together the dry ingredients to blend. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pumpkin (if using above variation)and butter until blended. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until blended.
- 2Heat griddle to about 350°F, or a frying pan over medium heat. Coat lightly with oil.
- 3Drop pancake batter onto the griddle and cook until pancakes are browned on the bottom, about 2 minutes; they'll form bubbles on their top surface, and the edges will begin to look dry.
- 4Turn and brown the other side.
- 5Serve with butter, syrup, and diced crystallized ginger.
- 6Yields sixteen 4-inch pancakes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.0
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 150.9 mg
- Sodium 1756.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 20.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: