Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
These smell wonderful whilst baking!Yummy
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium orange
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Finely grate zest from orange to make 2 tsp.
- Peel orange, discarding rind and white pith.
- Finely chop orange, removing seeds; set aside.
- With electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in reserved orange and zest.
- Beat in reserved flour mixture alternately with orange juice, ending with flour.
- Fold in ginger.
- Divide batter among muffin tin, filling almost to the top.
- Bake 18-20 min.
- or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
- You can add 1/2 cup of raisins to the mix too for a variation.
The best part about making these muffins is enjoying the smell. Eating the light, fluffy product isn't bad either! I used 3 small tangerines instead of an orange because that's what we had in the house, but I doubt it makes too much of a difference