Recipe by Norahs Girl
These smell wonderful whilst baking!Yummy
Top Review by SJG3483
The best part about making these muffins is enjoying the smell. Eating the light, fluffy product isn't bad either! I used 3 small tangerines instead of an orange because that's what we had in the house, but I doubt it makes too much of a difference
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium orange
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Finely grate zest from orange to make 2 tsp.
- Peel orange, discarding rind and white pith.
- Finely chop orange, removing seeds; set aside.
- With electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in reserved orange and zest.
- Beat in reserved flour mixture alternately with orange juice, ending with flour.
- Fold in ginger.
- Divide batter among muffin tin, filling almost to the top.
- Bake 18-20 min.
- or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
- You can add 1/2 cup of raisins to the mix too for a variation.