Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Yummy in your tummy! A subtle taste of ginger combined with orange marmalade. What's not to like? All wrapped up in a mouth-watering melt-in-your mouth scone!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger (or more for a more gingery taste)
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade (chunky kind with bits of orange peel)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and ginger together.
- Add the egg, marmalade and mix.
- Add in the butter and use a fork or pastry cutter to blend into mixture until it is crumbly.
- Add milk slowly and mix until the dough comes together. Add more milk if needed. Dough should come together so that you can roll it out.
- Place dough on a board and gently bring it together.
- Divide into half.
- Press down on each half until a circle is made. Repeat with the other half.
- Using a knife, cut each cirle into 4 and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on each scone.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
WOW! These are some of the best scones I have tried. So light and fluffy. Not doorstops like some of the coffee shop scones. Great flavor. I added about 1/2 tablespoon chopped, candied ginger also. Mixed dry ingredients and butter in food processor until crumbly and put that into a bowl and then mixed in wet ingredients. Easier to get the butter evenly distributed that way. Made for My 3 Chefs game.