1/2 Photos of Ginger Orange Cupcakes
1 hr 20 mins
Unexpected flavor combination
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, thinly grated
- tangerines, slice or mandarin orange slice
- 1Preheat oven to 325°; insert liners into cupcake pans .
- 2In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- 3Add butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat at medium speed until mixture is light and airy.
- 4Reduce speed to low, add eggs in one at a time, mixing well.
- 5Add in half the orange juice and the ginger to the batter.
- 6Gradually add half the amount of dry ingredients, mixing until just incorporated; add in remaining orange juice and remaining half of dry ingredients, mixing until batter is smooth (don't overmix).
- 7Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full; bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cupcakes are springy to the touch and a pick comes out clean.
- 8Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 9Make the glaze: Add orange juice, lemon juice, and powdered sugar into a small saucepan on low heat, mixing for about 2 minutes until liquids slightly evaporate.
- 10Remove from heat and glaze cupcakes with a tablespoon each.
- 11Wait about 5 minutes for glaze to cool and harden before topping with peeled tangerine wedge.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Orange Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 251.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 31.8 g
- Protein 4.9 g