Unexpected flavor combination
Make and share this Ginger Orange Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, thinly grated
- tangerines, slice or mandarin orange slice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°; insert liners into cupcake pans .
- In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat at medium speed until mixture is light and airy.
- Reduce speed to low, add eggs in one at a time, mixing well.
- Add in half the orange juice and the ginger to the batter.
- Gradually add half the amount of dry ingredients, mixing until just incorporated; add in remaining orange juice and remaining half of dry ingredients, mixing until batter is smooth (don't overmix).
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full; bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cupcakes are springy to the touch and a pick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Make the glaze: Add orange juice, lemon juice, and powdered sugar into a small saucepan on low heat, mixing for about 2 minutes until liquids slightly evaporate.
- Remove from heat and glaze cupcakes with a tablespoon each.
- Wait about 5 minutes for glaze to cool and harden before topping with peeled tangerine wedge.