Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Oh wow! This looks sticky and yummy. I found this in TOH.
- 5 lbs chicken wings
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups orange marmalade
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flower, seasoned salt and garlic salt. Add the chicken wings, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, fry wings in oil, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy.
- Dran pan drippings; return all of the chicken to the pan.
- Combine the marmalade, ketchup, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken and stir to coat. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until wings are well coated.
Very good! Quite sweet, but that's okay with us. I served it over steamed rice which helped cut the sweetness. I used fresh ginger instead of ground but otherwise followed the recipe.
These were okay. I thought the ginger flavor was too strong and the marmalade flavor was too sweet. DH thought they were okay too. Next time I'll lessen the ginger and marmalade.
These wings are delicious. They are sticky and gooey. I doubled the recipe to have some for guests this afternoon and more guests New Years Eve. I used fresh grated ginger so I halved that amount. These were a hit and I'll make these again. Thanx!