Recipe by Cassachusetts
A fairly easy, tasty way to eat your fruit and protein in one meal while on the HCG diet, phase 2. Keep in mind that the orange counts towards 1 of your daily fruits.
Top Review by gigglezz78
My chicken got a little dried out, though the flavor was ok (but needed salt). I used ground ginger instead of minced and only used 1 teaspoon then. After simmering 20 minutes, I removed the chicken and added a little roux to thicken the sauce and put it over the chicken and also over rice. During dinner we added some soy sauce, which really gave a nice contrast, so if I make this again, I'll add some soy sauce during the cooking process.
- 100 g chicken breasts, cut into chunks (100g = about 3.5 oz)
- 1 pinch black pepper, to taste
- 1 orange, cut into quarters
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot (about 1/2-inch-1-inch long piece, peeled & minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat pan over MED heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper.
- Add chicken to pan and stir fry until brown on all sides, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Squeeze juice of orange quarters over chicken. Peel & separate juiced orange into sections.
- Add juiced orange sections, ginger, lemon juice, and basil.
- Stir well.
- Cover and simmer for about 20-30 minutes.