Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
Created by my husband and co-chef, Jim when we wanted an easy Sunday night recipe with a hint of our old home - Thailand.
- 2 lbs whole chickens, any size will do as long as it fits in your crockpot
- 1⁄2 inch ginger, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 2 large oranges, one juiced and one peeled and sliced
- 1 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 chili
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken in the crockpot.
- Place all remaining ingredients on top of the chicken. Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours (depending upon the size of the chicken.).
- After the chicken is done remove it to a cutting board. Remove the chili - unless you like a sauce with a lot of heat.
- To make your sauce simply get out your handy-dandy immersion blender and blend the heck out of everything left in the crockpot.
- Serve with cauliflower rice and pour your delicious sauce over all.