Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a very good Ginger Orange Chicken. It is a Diabetic Recipe. My DH is a diabetic. The recipe comes from Lifescan.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange chicken breast in a single layer, top side up, in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger.
- Pour over the Chicken.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Combine cornstarch with the Splenda and 1/2 cup of water.
- Stir until smooth and then stir into pan juices.
- Put chicken back in pan, top side down in the sauce.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or untill sauce is thickened and chicken is tender.
- Garnish with orange slices and parsley.
The chicken was tender and perfect...I put it on top of teriyaki rice from the asian sides from lipton knorr and they paired together perfectly...I didn't use the orange slices or the parsley because I didn't have it but I do keep gingerroot in the freezer and added a generous helping to the sauce and the top of the chicken when it was done. Great recipes. My husband couldn't stop talking about it for hours!
This has become a blessing when I'm called upon to do a hot dish for a pot luck dinner. It is simple to make when time is at a premium, and travels well to the venue. I've had nothing but favorable comments about it, and requests to pass along the recipe. I usually quarter the portions before cooking and double or triple the recipe for such an occasion. Thanks Barb, for sharing it.
I made this last night for dinner. It was very easy to put together and the sauce was wonderful. However, I didn't really care for the appearance of the chicken. My preference is to have it look more baked. But thanks for posting, I'll probably use the sauce again !