Recipe by Barb G.
This is a very good Ginger Orange Chicken. It is a Diabetic Recipe. My DH is a diabetic. The recipe comes from Lifescan.
Top Review by SavyJean
The chicken was tender and perfect...I put it on top of teriyaki rice from the asian sides from lipton knorr and they paired together perfectly...I didn't use the orange slices or the parsley because I didn't have it but I do keep gingerroot in the freezer and added a generous helping to the sauce and the top of the chicken when it was done. Great recipes. My husband couldn't stop talking about it for hours!
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange chicken breast in a single layer, top side up, in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger.
- Pour over the Chicken.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Combine cornstarch with the Splenda and 1/2 cup of water.
- Stir until smooth and then stir into pan juices.
- Put chicken back in pan, top side down in the sauce.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or untill sauce is thickened and chicken is tender.
- Garnish with orange slices and parsley.