Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can grate or chop the gingerroot, and you can either choose to peel or not to peel it. This is also ggod served with Basmati rice.
- 1 lb boneless beef round steak
- 1 medium red onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and julienned
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefrozen snap pea pods, thawed
- chutney, if desired
- trim excess fat from beef. Cut beef lengthwise into 2-inch strips. Cut strips crosswise into 1/8-inch slices.
- Place beef, onion, bell pepper, and jicama in 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker. Mix orange peel, orange juice, gingerrroot and salt; pour over beef and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on ,ow heat 4-6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Stir in snap pea pods. Cover and cook on low heat about 15 minutes or until pea pods are crisp-tender.
- Spoon mixture into pita breads. Serve with Chutney.