Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
You can grate or chop the gingerroot, and you can either choose to peel or not to peel it. This is also ggod served with Basmati rice.
- 1 lb boneless beef round steak
- 1 medium red onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and julienned
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefrozen snap pea pods, thawed
- chutney, if desired
- trim excess fat from beef. Cut beef lengthwise into 2-inch strips. Cut strips crosswise into 1/8-inch slices.
- Place beef, onion, bell pepper, and jicama in 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker. Mix orange peel, orange juice, gingerrroot and salt; pour over beef and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on ,ow heat 4-6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Stir in snap pea pods. Cover and cook on low heat about 15 minutes or until pea pods are crisp-tender.
- Spoon mixture into pita breads. Serve with Chutney.