6 hrs 25 mins
You can grate or chop the gingerroot, and you can either choose to peel or not to peel it. This is also ggod served with Basmati rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless beef round steak
- 1 medium red onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and julienned
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen snap pea pods, thawed
- chutney, if desired
- 1trim excess fat from beef. Cut beef lengthwise into 2-inch strips. Cut strips crosswise into 1/8-inch slices.
- 2Place beef, onion, bell pepper, and jicama in 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker. Mix orange peel, orange juice, gingerrroot and salt; pour over beef and vegetables.
- 3Cover and cook on ,ow heat 4-6 hours or until beef is tender.
- 4Stir in snap pea pods. Cover and cook on low heat about 15 minutes or until pea pods are crisp-tender.
- 5Spoon mixture into pita breads. Serve with Chutney.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger-Orange Beef Pita Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.8
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 242.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 17.2 g