1/1 Photo of Ginger Orange Applesauce in the Microwave
I was trying to use up some fruit that was getting towards the end of its life. Using a recipe in "500 Fat Free Recipes" as a starting point I made one up. I posted the recipe as a private recipe while it chilled so I wouldn't forget how I made it in case it was good! As it turns out, it was excellent. The only change I made was to decrease the amount of candied ginger called for. I used 3 pieces which was a little too intense. If you want a subtle flavor, use just 1 piece of candied ginger.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash, core, and quarter the apples. (I like a variety of apples.)
- 2Juice the clementines and the lemon.
- 3Put the apples and both juices into a 2 quart microwave safe dish with a lid. Close it and microwave, on high, for 5 minutes.
- 4After 5 minutes stir and put back in the microwave for 9 minutes on high.
- 5When it is done let it sit for a few minutes without the top on to cool a bit.
- 6Place the apples and all their juice into a food processor and whir until it is nice and creamy.
- 7Add the splenda and whir a bit more.
- 8Chop up the candied ginger and fold it into the apples with a spoon.
- 9Put in a different container and chill.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Orange Applesauce in the Microwave
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: