Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love eating this in our local Chinese restaurant, stir fried crabs with lots of leeks.. sweet, gingery, garlicky, simply great!
- 3 large live fresh crabs, cleaned and halved
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml sesame oil
- 29.58 ml fresh ginger, julienned (1 thumb size piece)
- 29.58 ml garlic, minced
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml oyster sauce (Lee Kum Kee brand)
- 59.16 ml vinegar
- 44.37 ml Kikkoman soy sauce
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 1 bunch leek, cut to 2 inches long
- Heat wok and add the oils.
- Dump in ginger till fragrant.
- Add in onions and garlic.
- Stir fry till soft. Pour in oyster sauce, vinegar, sugar and soy. Let simmer.
- Add in cleaned crabs that's been halved.
- Cover, Simmer till crab changes color only.
- Stir vigorously to combine ingredients.
- Add about 1/4 cup of hot water and let the sauce simmer.
- Dump in leeks, cook 1 more minute and dish up.
- Serve with piping hot bowl of rice!
Yum! better than what our local Chinese restaurant serve! Really really great! My guests raved about it and they thought I ordered it somewhere! It's a keeper! Truly impressive!
To die for! This is quite expensive in Chinese restaurant, Could not believe its simple enough to make at home. Love the sauce, ate 2 bowls of rice!