Recipe by shygirl
I love eating this in our local Chinese restaurant, stir fried crabs with lots of leeks.. sweet, gingery, garlicky, simply great!
Top Review by picky gourmet
Yum! better than what our local Chinese restaurant serve! Really really great! My guests raved about it and they thought I ordered it somewhere! It's a keeper! Truly impressive!
- 3 large live fresh crabs, cleaned and halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, julienned (1 thumb size piece)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce (Lee Kum Kee brand)
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bunch leek, cut to 2 inches long
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat wok and add the oils.
- Dump in ginger till fragrant.
- Add in onions and garlic.
- Stir fry till soft. Pour in oyster sauce, vinegar, sugar and soy. Let simmer.
- Add in cleaned crabs that's been halved.
- Cover, Simmer till crab changes color only.
- Stir vigorously to combine ingredients.
- Add about 1/4 cup of hot water and let the sauce simmer.
- Dump in leeks, cook 1 more minute and dish up.
- Serve with piping hot bowl of rice!