1 hr 30 mins
Buster's friend's Note:
MMmmmm! Combining some of my favorites flavors! These are adapted from Pichet Ong's The Sweet Spot. Prep time does not include chilling time as it is not mandatory (they work better for me if I can delay gratification long enough to chill though).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch cubes and chilled
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, finely chopped, plus more
- candied ginger, for garnish if desired (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats, old fashioned
- 1 1/4 cups raisins, preferably golden
- 1Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set mix aside.
- 2Beat the butter, both sugars, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in the eggs, one at a time,and then add the milk and vanilla.
- 4Add the 1/2 flour mixture & mix. Add the rest of the flour and mix just until incorporated.
- 5Stir in the oats and raisins.
- 6Chill dough for at least 2 hours before baking. (if you can).
- 7Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 8Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 9Scoop the cookie dough into 1 inch balls and put 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- 10Slightly flatten each ball (fingers or fork - cook's choice).
- 11Sprinkle the tops with chopped candied ginger, if desired (I don't).
- 12Bake the cookies until lightly golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- 13Place on cooling racks to cool crispier.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.0
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 90.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: