Recipe by Barb G.
These cookies are low in fat and also a good diabetic cookie.
Top Review by jamb
I halved the recipe and used egg beaters instead of an egg, splenda and 1 Tbsp of butter buds instead of butter. I did have to cook mine alittle longer than 15 minutes. These were good even my husband ate one.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar or 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat eggs until frothy.
- Add sugar, ginger, vanilla and salt; mix until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes longer.
- Blend in butter and baking powder, then fold in oats.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with ungreased foil.
- Drop the batter onto sheet in rounded teaspoonfuls spaced 2" apart.
- Bake in center of oven until the edges are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- remove from pan while hot and cool on a rack.
- Repeat with remaining batter.