Recipe by MSZANZ
My step-mother gave me this recipe in 1991 from a Better Homes and Garden Lite Cooking insert. I asked her for the recipe and got a lot of help but then my step mother found the original recipe! I was so excited (almost as excited as when the Recipe Zaar community found a recipe just like it for me!) These are great pancakes!!
Top Review by Impera_Magna
I made a half-recipe of these tonight for my granddaughter who loves pancakes and oatmeal! I followed the recipe almost exactly but had to do some subbing b/c DD didn't have everything on hand. I used quick rather than rolled oats and maple syrup for molasses. I cooked the first batch in butter but liked them best when cooked in the non-stick skillet w/o any butter or oil. DGD #1 loved them and I joined her and had pancakes for dinner too... as did DD and DSIL who had to try them also! I'll definitely be making these again; SOOOOOOOO much better than the boxed pancake mix! Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 egg whites, beaten until foamy
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk over low heat until just hot.
- Stir in oats.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes
- Combine egg, egg whites, oil and molasses. Stir into oat mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add oat mixture and stir til moistened.
- Spray nonstick pan and cook pancakes until golden brown, turning when the.
- top side begins to bubble.
- Makes a dozen 4 inch pancakes.