Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe was posted in the Carbo Canteen at www.coolrunning.com. I have made both the banana and the pumpkin versions.
- 2 bananas (OR 2/3 cup canned pumpkin and 1/2 cup applesauce)
- 118.29 ml molasses
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 473.18 ml oats
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ginger
- 14.78 ml cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients, drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 350F 10-15 minutes.
- You can add nuts and raisins too.
- For pan cookies, I use a greased 9" x 9" pan and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°F.
We made the pumpkin version into bars. Though they are not really that sweet, they make a very hearty breakfast when warmed-up and topped with a bit of peanut butter. We will probably make these again, but with raisins inside to make them a bit sweeter.
I made the pumpkin version and it turned out pretty well, considering there is no oil or white sugar added. I made it in a 9" x 9" pan, and they turned out very moist with a nice, chewy texture. My only critique is that I felt the bars could use a little more flavor, like a kick of something - more spices perhaps. Other than that, pretty good for such a healthy recipe.
These are very delcious, healthy bars(or cookies) that are great for an on-the-go breakfast or just for a snack! OH and by the way, these cookies(or bars) freeze great! Thanks for the recipe!