Recipe by Delicious Bits
Cheap and easy to bake! Omit ginger for plain oat wedges.
Top Review by Boomette
The flavor of these cookies are amazing. I used dried ginger and honey. It's so easy to do. But it was a little bit hard to remove from the pan. So next time I'll grease the pan before adding the parchment paper. Thanks Delicious Bits :) Made for PAC Spring 2013
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced gingerroot (from the jar) or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180c. Line an 8-inch, shallow, round cake tin with baking paper.
- Place butter, syrup, and sugar in a pan over low heat. Cook, stirring, until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and add oats and salt. Mix together.
- Place mix into pan, press firmly and smooth the surface. Bake until golden brown for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Leave in the pan until cool enough to handle, then turn out and cut into wedges while still hot. The wedges become quite hard when cooled.