Recipe by the.fashion.babe
This ice-cream recipe is a re-freshing dessert or snack on a hot day. Any cookie, chocolate bar or honeycomb can be used in place of ginger nut biscuits= or you can add a dash of liquer to the ice-cream, if liked.
- 2 liters vanilla ice cream, softened
- 250 g ginger nut biscuits, roughly crushed
- 500 g rhubarb, cuts
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine ice-cream and ginger nuts well. Spoon back into ice-cream container. Freeze forr 3 hours or overnight until firm.
- In a small saucepp, combine rhubarb, juice and sugar. Bring to boil.Reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minues until rhubarb is tender.
- Serve ice-cream topped with rhubarb.