Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 stick cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh nectarine, chopped
- Heat 1/4 cup sugar and gingerroot in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, let cool.
- Stir in lemon zest and set aside.
- Cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar until well mixed.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add buttermilk and beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in ginger mixture and nectarines.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin cups, filling three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 mintues or until golden brown.
- These muffins are also super when made with blueberries, raspberries or even fresh or frozen peaches instead of nectarines.