Recipe by carolinafan
This also looks beautiful layered in a truffle dish or deep glass bowl. Just garnish the top with crumbled gingersnap cookies. Allow for 2 hours chilling time.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brandy or 3 tablespoons ginger flavored liqueur
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 7 ounces gingersnaps, about 32 to 50
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen sliced strawberries with syrup, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine cream, sugar and brandy.
- Beat at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in coconut and ginger.
- In 1 1/2 quart souffle dish or bowl, layer cream mixture and gingersnaps, beginning and ending with cream mixture. Cookies should be in single layer, not overlapped.
- Cover, refrigerate at least 2 hours but not more than 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, place strawberries in blender container or food processor bowl with metal blade; blend until pureed.
- Spoon scoops of mousse into 6 individual dessert dishes; top with sauce.
- Store in the refrigerator.