1/1 Photo of Ginger Mousse
3 hrs 45 mins
Posted for the Zaar World Tour-Caribbean. From the "Best of International Cooking" cookbook. Note: cooking/preparation times include refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin (1 Tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- crystallized ginger, pieces (garnish)
- 1In a small bowl, soften gelatin in water, 3 to 5 minutes. Place bowl over hot water; stir until gelatin dissolves. Keep warm.
- 2Pour half and half into a small saucepan. Stir constantly over low heat until almost boiling.
- 3In the top of a double boiler, beat egg yolks until blended; beat in 1/4 cup sugar. Gradually stir in hot half and half; place over hot water. Stir constantly until warmed through.
- 4Stir in dissolved gelatin and chopped ginger. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in rum.
- 5In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; stir in remaining 2 Tablespoons sugar and the salt. Carefully fold egg-yolk mixture into egg-white mixture.
- 6Spoon mousse into a serving bowl or individual dessert dishes. Cover; refrigerate about 3 hours. To serve, decorate with crystallized ginger pieces.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.3 mg
- Sodium 136.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: