1/1 Photo of Ginger Molasses Cookies
Delicious Molasses cookies with a great spice to them. Crisp on the outside, soft on the inside. They freeze, travel, & store well. They also work great as a sandwich cookie, if you put a yummy cream cheese frosing between two.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 1/3 cup for rolling cookies
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup un-sulphured molasses
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Cream butter and sugars together until nice and fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- 2Add egg, vanilla, & molasses and beat.
- 3In a separate bowl combine flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, black pepper and cloves.
- 4Combine wet ingredient mix with dry ingredient mix until well combined.
- 5Place remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar in shallow bowl. Scoop dough with small cookie scoop. Form into balls and roll in sugar. Place them on an ungreased baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-13 minutes. You want to slightly under cook them, or they become quite hard. Let them cool on baking pan for about 3 minutes. Remove, from pan and let cook on a wire rack. These freeze well and pack well for shipping also the recipe is fine doubled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Molasses Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 160.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g