Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chewy & spicy, these are hard to resist.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- sugar (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together brown sugar, butter, molasses and egg until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar, if desired.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Press flat with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
so i made them but i were expecting them to be more spicy. it was a good cookie, but not the kind of spicy sweet i was looking for. this would be good for people who like their ginger cookies mild.